Come join us for an informative and fun Level 1 Clinic! This training is mandatory for all Volunteers who will be actively volunteering in HH programs, This training covers:
- What is a 'Coach'?
- What is a 'Side-walker'?
- Supportive holds for Riders at Horses Help
- General safety around horses and during class
- Coaching techniques
- Interacting and communicating with individuals who have a disability
- Programs offered at Horses Help
- ...and so much more....
This Training is an interactive lecture format, with supplemental handouts and a slideshow. There is also a hands-on portion in the classroom for volunteers to learn supportive holds and coaching techniques as a team.
Participants MUST REGISTER. Individuals not on the registration list will not be allowed to attend. Space is limited and fills on a first come, first serve basis.
Mandatory Attire for Level 1 Training:
Please wear appropriate Volunteer attire that is suitable for barn activities!
- Close toed, supportive/athletic shoes.
- No low cut, ripped, or spaghetti strap tops
- No ripped jeans or pants that are shorter than finger length when arms rest at your side
Click to Register!