Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Horses Help!
The New Volunteer Orientation will be about 1 1/2 hours in length starting in the Education Room of the Equine Building (building in center of property) at 6:00 PM. Please try to arrive 10 minutes early so we may start and end on time.
What do I do the night of Orientation?
- Park on the West side of the property or in designated parking areas (drive slow!)
- Walk to the Education Room located in the center of the property just south of the horse stalls. Look for a horse shaped 'Welcome' sign
- Find a seat, sign in on the clipboard, make yourself a name tag...and get ready for some fun!
We are looking forward to seeing you at Orientation!
Questions about Volunteer Orientation? Contact the Volunteer Coordinator:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Click to Register
- How do I Register for the New Volunteer Orientation?
- Please Register for the Orientation by using the Register button below. You can register free of charge or register with a $10 initial donation.
- Is there anything I need to do before I attend the New Volunteer Orientation?
- Please fill out a Volunteer Application. You can return it to Horses Help before the Orientation or bring it with you to the event.
- What will be covered in the New Volunteer Orientation?
- The Orientation begins with a short video, then a short history of Horses Help: who is served, what programs are offered and general Horses Help policies that apply to Volunteers. This is followed by a facility tour by Horses Help staff to view the barn and where classes are held, and meet the horses. Setting your volunteer schedule will be discussed at the end of orientation.
- Is there a minimum age to Volunteer?
- Volunteers are required to be 16 years or older.
- Can I bring a friend or family member with me?
- Minors are welcome to have a parent attend the Orientation with them. If you are an adult bringing any additional friends or family with you, Horses Help asks that they fill out a volunteer application as well. There is often limited space so seats are reserved for those interested in volunteering. If you have a friend or family member attending with you, please have them Register as well.