Horses Help was formed in 1987 in response to family and agency requests. Originally serving only 15 riders a week in a backyard situation, Horses Help has now grown to over 100 riders per week.
- In 1989 the program moved to a commercial facility in NE Phoenix, which was better equipped to house our 8 horses and the increasing numbers of riders and volunteers.
- In 1993 a second location was made available in Chandler at a private residence.
- In 1995 Horses Help expanded to a larger leased commercial location.
- In the spring of 1996, Horses Help was forced to move once again due to development. This move was made to a leased property where many special improvements were necessary.
- In 1999, Horses Help purchased and is developing a 5 acre parcel located at 2601 E. Rose Garden Lane - Phoenix. This location is home to 18 horses and allows for expansion of programs and services as well as the number of people served. We continuously make improvements to this space and are currently in the process of raising funds to remodel the facility to include a covered arena to keep rider's riding all year long.